Approvar Conditions for AD Groups RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

My Service Manager 2012 R2 (with Exchange Connector 3.1) Review Activity's Approving do not work If I choose a group for Reviewer (but work perfectly for an exact member of this group and this situation is not depend by Approval Treshold ).

Is it possible that the SCSM (or Exchange Connector) can not handling AD groups in the approving process?

Regards,

Gabor

• Edited by Bernics Friday, June 17, 2016 4:07 PM
    Friday, June 17, 2016 2:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• Yes, the Exchange Connector is not handling AD Groups for the approval process. 

Basically AD Groups as reviewers don't work as you would think they would. Here is a good Blog post explaining the issue in more detail and providing a powershell script to expand groups: SCSM 2012 R2: Dynamically replacing AD groups in Review Activities with users

Or use a runbook with Orchestrator to expand the group Dynamic approval steps in Service Manager with a bit of Orchestrator magic

Or look at a third party solution like SCUtils Email Connector

Hope these suggestions help.

Glen

Edit: Just checked the release notes for the Exchange Connector 3.1 and under Details it has:

• Exchange Connector adds a new reviewer in the Review Activity when a user who is not in reviewer’s list sends an email to approve/decline that particular Activity.

This indicates that a group could be used to send out the email to users, and then if any of the users approve by email they would be added to the Review Activity. I have not tested or confirmed this.

Web: www.xapity.com  |   Twitter: @xapityapps  |   Facebook: xapityapps

Friday, June 17, 2016 9:10 PM
  • I rarely post, and I apologize if I am opening up a closed thread, but I'm curious about the Exchange Connector 3.1. Specifically the feature that if an e-mail approval is sent from a user who isn't listed as a reviewer....

"Exchange Connector adds a new reviewer in the Review Activity when a user who is not in reviewer’s list sends an email to approve/decline that particular Activity."

I too have some review activities that contain groups, and expanding the users via powershell/orchestrator would not work in my case since other groups may exist on the Review Activity.  I have just installed the EC 3.1, and after testing, it doesn't seem as if this feature is working...

does anyone know if this feature is just not included in EC 3.1, even though it is on the details of the download?  Or has anyone been able to get this working?  If so, please let me know!

Sunday, August 21, 2016 8:20 PM