random EWS not deployed error - connection limit? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

We have a customer recently deployed SfB Server 2015 with around 150 active users. Their Exchange are using O365 Exchange Online.

Recently customer reported some of the users have error on call log, and I found that their EWS is not connected.

Since not all the users has problem, I really not sure what is the problem.

Is that any limitation for a tenant to allow a certain number of Exchange EWS connections?

Today I tried in my lab login the SfB client remotely via Edge server using customer's test user account, the first startup reported the EWS is not accessible. And I waited a while and re-login, this time the EWS connects with no problem!

This is a really strange problem, thanks!

Best Regards,

Vincent

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 9:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Vincent,

First ,based on your test,the issue is related to Autodiscoverurl,could you monitor the stability of the connectionAutodiscoverurl? EWS connect to the exchange by the Autodiscoverurl

Set-CSOauthConfiguration -Identity Global -ExchangeAutodiscoverurl “http://autodiscover.cloudexchangers.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.svc“

Is that any limitation for a tenant to allow a certain number of Exchange EWS connections?

I cannot find the these settings in SFB server or the SFB online,I am not faimilr with exchange online ,but I find this link , you could open a thread in the exchange online forum  or O365 port to confrim that.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, June 14, 2018 6:02 AM
  • Dear Leon,

I think I checked the Get-CsOAuthConfiguration, it is empty.

Isn't the Exchange Autodiscover URL is suppose to be discover by DNS? (Customer using Exchange Online)

Customer all the user mailbox are hosted at Exchange Online, however, they still have an On-Prem server onsite and I found that for external it point to adfs wap server (maybe redirect into the exchange server). For internal it's used to receive autodiscover request.

Not sure if this is related. Do you think I still setup the OAuth/Set-CsOauthConfiguration with their on-prem empty exchange server?

The strange thing is, their users not always fail, sometimes after a few retry for re-login, they can still connect to the exchange online and sync the call history.

Best Regards,

Vincent

Thursday, June 14, 2018 9:12 AM
  • Hi Vincent,

Did you mean the hybird exchange environment

If you have this environment ,you should make a federation in the on-premise server and exchange online seperately.so you still need setup the  OAuth/Set-CsOauthConfiguration with their on-prem empty exchange server

You could refer to these steps(Lync 2013 is same as the SFB server)

Step 1: Setup OAuth between Lync Server and Exchange Server.

Prerequisites for integrating Microsoft Lync Server 2013 and Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 (Setup Autodiscover service from Exchange server and create CsOAuthConfiguration from Lync Server.)

Configuring partner applications in Microsoft Lync Server 2013 and Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 (Configure partner applications in Lync Server and Exchange Server.) 

Step 2: Setup integration between Lync Server and Exchange Online. 

Configure integration between on-premises Skype for Business Server 2015 and Outlook Web App

Configure a hybrid environment in Skype for Business Server 2015

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, June 18, 2018 9:07 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 9:12 AM