InfoPath Filler 2010 installation Without Designer 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all.

I´m creating a OCT file to customize the Office 2010 Instalation, of the InfoPath 2010 product, I just want to install InfoPath Filler 2010 without InfoPath Designer 2010. On the OCT Tool, Resources, when I expand InfoPath tree, dont let me select between Filler and Designer, just appear bellow InfoPath tree (Support to .NET Development and Tools to Visual Studio). Its possible install InfoPath Filler alone without Designer?

Please Help me.

Thanks for All.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 4:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest you use Config.xml file to select which product to install. You can use the Command element in the Config.xml file and the Add installations and run programs option in the OCT (command-lines entered in the Add Program Entry and Modify Program Entry dialog boxes) are intended to be used only for initial product installations and uninstallations.

For more information, you can refer to this article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179195.aspx#BKMK_CommandElementRemarks

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 9:12 AM
  • Hi Jennifer Zhan,

Thanks for reply, but is not possible just install Infopath Filler separated of Desinger because the .exe is the same and I saw in InfoPath Official forum on MSDN blogs that the Filler and Designer is the same product but just in different modes, in my case the sollution was install infopath without the shotcut for designer and on OCT (Office Customization Tool) I changed FEATURES > MODIFY USER SETTINGS > MICROSOFT INFOPATH 2010 > MISCELLANEOUS > TURN OFF INFOPATH DESIGNER MODE to Enabled.

Thanks for all.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 1:53 PM