none
Is there any way to add an user to a Group Policy without specifying the location? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to add an user to a Group Policy without specifying the location?

If I understood it properly, It seems that when you add an user using the Group Policy Manager Editor, it searches for the name and adds the location as a prefix of the name automatically. For example:

My-Computer/MyUser or Workgroup/MyGroup

I supose that it is not the same to add an user with the location specified for one place or another. For example, If MyUser has a prefix of My-Computer, the rules won't be applied for the Workgroup.

Becuase of that, I was wondering if there is anyway to specify it for a general location. I mean, I would like to have the same as in the default setup, where there is only "Administrator" in the policies without any kind of prefix.

Thursday, October 20, 2016 9:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

After my research, it seems that we cannot do like that. It seems made by design.

Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 21, 2016 9:45 AM