Interpretation: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A61&SUBSYS_6047107B&REV_00\4&31B7C91F&0&2808 RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings. 

This reference is listed under Device ID in the Device Manager under Other Devices, "Video Controller (VGA Compatible)." And when I run through the options in Properties, it appears to be responsible for enabling the S3 and S4 Power Options (System Standby and Hibernate), which are missing from my power options since a recent destructive reformat. When I run WINMSD.EXE from RUN, it shows up under COMPONENTS>PROBLEM DEVICES. I've searched and researched to try to make this right....including downloading a program from the manufacturer's website indicating a VGA Driver reference, which my computer will not download because it "exceeds the 95-character" prerequisite for download. It had a different VEN number, but included a version number (8.22.00.0) that I was able to download from drivermax site.

What the heck is this, anyway? Is that PCI/VEN number a real driver or perhaps an error code (something I read on MS site today, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/314464 ). I don't have a version number, and kind of wandering in the dark here.  I have identified it is a Gateway 2000 soundcard with ATI mfr....in other words, generic. 

And here's another question: How do you turn-off the Windows default Virus Program? It's possible it is incompatible with my Avira and causing misbehaviour.

You guys, I could really use your expertise.....thankyou so much......Cristie
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 1:44 AM