none
BizTalk 2016 SFTP is not working for me RRS feed

Answers

• I tried this SFTP testing in BizTalk 2016 box that was migrated from BizTalk 2013 r2.

I uninstalled BizTalk 2016 migration one and freshly install BizTalk 2016. I had tried SFTP that was working as expected. 

I have not installed any CU, no entry added in BizTalk configuration file and used below .ps1. The SFTP is working fine.

#Parameters
    $downloadNoGetTo = “C:\Software\WinSCP”
    $bizTalkInstallFolder = “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2016”

#Download NuGet
    Write-Host “Downloading Nuget”
    $sourceNugetExe = “https://dist.nuget.org/win-x86-commandline/latest/nuget.exe”
    $targetNugetExe = “$downloadNoGetTo\nuget.exe”
    Invoke-WebRequest $sourceNugetExe -OutFile $targetNugetExe

#Download the right version of WinSCP
    Write-Host “Downloading WinSCP from NuGet”
    Invoke-Expression “$targetNugetExe Install WinSCP -Version 5.7.7 -OutputDirectory $downloadNoGetTo”

#Copy WinSCP items to BizTalk Folder
    Write-Host “Copying WinSCP Nuget to BizTalk Folder”
    Copy-Item “$downloadNoGetTo\WinSCP.5.7.7\content\WinSCP.exe” $bizTalkInstallFolder
    Copy-Item “$downloadNoGetTo\WinSCP.5.7.7\lib\WinSCPnet.dll” $bizTalkInstallFolder

Regards,

Raja

Thanks,Raja Microsoft Certified Contributor(MCC)2011, MSFT Partner BTS Certified in 2006, 2010 If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 1:26 PM

All replies

• hey 

By default 5.7.xx will install along with BizTalk installation i think

Afterb installation of winscp 5.15.2 have resrted the machine.

Please tell me how you installed the winscp ?

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 10:59 AM
  • Hi Phanindra,

Thank you.

I had executed the setup and installed the WinScp. Restarted the machine also.

Regards,

Raja

Thanks,Raja Microsoft Certified Contributor(MCC)2011, MSFT Partner BTS Certified in 2006, 2010 If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 12:23 PM
  • Hey Raja ,

I was also updated the winscp when I performed the CU in my machine 
    as per my knowledge we have to download the package and you need to replace the default winscp application and dll with new ones

once you download winscp-5.xx.x-Automation you will find application and dll 

I misse the link to paste here

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 6:13 AM
  • I already done your suggestion in #2 as per my thread.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 10:52 AM
  • Do you get any error messages?
    Thursday, July 25, 2019 2:23 AM
  • Colin,

I am not getting any warning, error in event log.

Regards,

Raja

Thursday, July 25, 2019 8:49 AM
  • I tried this SFTP testing in BizTalk 2016 box that was migrated from BizTalk 2013 r2.

I uninstalled BizTalk 2016 migration one and freshly install BizTalk 2016. I had tried SFTP that was working as expected. 

I have not installed any CU, no entry added in BizTalk configuration file and used below .ps1. The SFTP is working fine.

#Parameters
    $downloadNoGetTo = “C:\Software\WinSCP”
    $bizTalkInstallFolder = “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2016”

#Download NuGet
    Write-Host “Downloading Nuget”
    $sourceNugetExe = “https://dist.nuget.org/win-x86-commandline/latest/nuget.exe”
    $targetNugetExe = “$downloadNoGetTo\nuget.exe”
    Invoke-WebRequest $sourceNugetExe -OutFile $targetNugetExe

#Download the right version of WinSCP
    Write-Host “Downloading WinSCP from NuGet”
    Invoke-Expression “$targetNugetExe Install WinSCP -Version 5.7.7 -OutputDirectory $downloadNoGetTo”

#Copy WinSCP items to BizTalk Folder
    Write-Host “Copying WinSCP Nuget to BizTalk Folder”
    Copy-Item “$downloadNoGetTo\WinSCP.5.7.7\content\WinSCP.exe” $bizTalkInstallFolder
    Copy-Item “$downloadNoGetTo\WinSCP.5.7.7\lib\WinSCPnet.dll” $bizTalkInstallFolder

Regards,

Raja

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 1:26 PM
  • And have you now tried installing the CU/Feature pack to fully patch BizTalk?   Does it still work then?

By migrated, do you mean a in-place upgrade?

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 7:02 PM
  • Colin,

It was in-place upgrade from 2013 r2 to 2016.

I tested with below Feature Pack 3 but still no luck so tried fresh BizTalk 2016 installation.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=57077

Regards,

Raja

Thursday, August 1, 2019 4:29 AM
  • But when you did the fresh install of BizTalk 2016, did you apply feature Pack 3 again?

If it works then, then the issue was caused by it being a in place upgrade.

P.S. There is a  Microsoft BizTalk Server 2016 Feature Update 3 with CU6 that you should be using rather than the CU5 one.  This will give you Improvement: Add read-only download options for SFTP adapter in BizTalk server and FIX: Duplicate files received by SFTP adapter when long time is taken for message processing in BizTalk Server

Thursday, August 1, 2019 4:32 AM
  • Colin,

No CU installed in fresh BT 2016 and SFTP is working fine. I believe the SFTP issue occured due to in-place upgrade.

Thursday, August 1, 2019 4:35 AM
  • Colin,

As per my requirement, BizTalk is picking the file from SFTP. Hence it is working as expected without any CU.

Thursday, August 1, 2019 4:53 AM
  • Yes, but if you ever want support from Microsoft, you will want the latest CU installed, otherwise they tend to get you to do that first before they give you any more support.
    Thursday, August 1, 2019 4:57 AM
  • Yes i know. Thanks for your information.

Thursday, August 1, 2019 5:03 AM