none
Custom Configuration for User Viewing RCDC Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, 

I've been working towards adding a field to the Contact Info tab for the 'msidmPhoneGatePhoneNumber' attribute, so that our helpdesk team can quickly see if a user has a number registered for SSPR. 

So far, i've done the following:

1. Taken a backup of the default RCDCs.
    2. Edited the 'Configuration for User Viewing' RCDC by adding the following code under the grouping for the Contact info Tab. I copied the 'mobilePhone' attribute and modified it using the system name for the Phone Gate phone number attribute.  
    <my:Control my:Name="msidmPhoneGatePhoneNumber" my:TypeName="UocLabel" my:Caption="{Binding Source=schema, Path=msidmPhoneGatePhoneNumber.DisplayName}" my:Description="{Binding Source=schema, Path=msidmPhoneGatePhoneNumber.Description}">
            <my:Properties>
              <my:Property my:Name="Required" my:Value="{Binding Source=schema, Path=msidmPhoneGatePhoneNumber.Required}"/>
              <my:Property my:Name="Text" my:Value="{Binding Source=object, Path=msidmPhoneGatePhoneNumber, Mode=TwoWay}"/>
            </my:Properties>
          </my:Control>

3. Uploaded the new RCDC into the portal.

When using the portal to view a user (ticking the box and clicking details), the page just pops up with the 'unable to process your request' error.

If i click on the users name in the list, the edit window opens fine. 

I've had a look at capturing the logs, but they don't seem to indicate an obvious cause.

Has anyone else come across this before

Thanks

Anthony

• Edited by atonyg Friday, January 4, 2019 11:27 AM
    Friday, January 4, 2019 11:08 AM

Answers

• Hi Brian, 

Sorry for the delayed response. I eventually figured out what was happening with this. It seems when i had exported the RCDCs initially, there was some extra code added in by the PS script i used. I was able to get hold of a standard default RCDC for the view, and got it back to the original view. From there i was able to edit the new file and display the PhoneGatePhoneNumber as desired. 

Thanks

Anthony

• Marked as answer by atonyg Friday, January 18, 2019 12:29 PM
    Friday, January 18, 2019 12:29 PM

All replies

• Anthony-

This looks right at first glance. If you turn on tracing for the portal you'll get the actual exception: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/2260.how-to-configure-fim-portal-tracing.aspx?Redirected=true

Thanks,
    Brian

Consulting | Blog | AD Book

Saturday, January 12, 2019 7:46 PM
  • Hi Brian, 

Sorry for the delayed response. I eventually figured out what was happening with this. It seems when i had exported the RCDCs initially, there was some extra code added in by the PS script i used. I was able to get hold of a standard default RCDC for the view, and got it back to the original view. From there i was able to edit the new file and display the PhoneGatePhoneNumber as desired. 

Thanks

Anthony

• Marked as answer by atonyg Friday, January 18, 2019 12:29 PM
    Friday, January 18, 2019 12:29 PM