Error configuring SQL Server Login RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to install / run FCS on a single server config in a workgroup (no AD) environment.  I am using SQL Server 2005 SP1.  The FCS install completed successfully, but when I start the FCS Console and it does its initial configuration steps, it failed on the Completing the Config. Wizard screen on the Add Management Server SQL Server Login step.  Here are what I believe to be the relevant log entries:

--------

[7/31/2007 1:30:16 PM] Task(Add Management Server SQL Server Login)
    Creating management server SQL Server login to collection database.
    Creating SQL Server login.
    Successfully translated credentials.
    Previous: (null)
    Current: RWOFFICE\RWSERVER$

Connection string: Data Source=RWSERVER;Initial Catalog=OnePoint;Integrated Security=True
    Connection Open succeeded.
    Login information does not exist in SQL for RWOFFICE\RWSERVER$.
    Failed to create SQL Server login.
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Windows NT user or group 'RWOFFICE\RWSERVER$' not found. Check the name again.
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
       at Microsoft.Forefront.ClientSecurity.Configure.AddCredentialsToSqlServerTask.AddSqlLoginInfo(String creds, String db, SqlConnection connection)
       at Microsoft.Forefront.ClientSecurity.Configure.AddCredentialsToSqlServerTask.AddCredentials(String creds, String datasource, String dbname)Number of tasks completed: [7/31/2007 1:30:17 PM]

--------

I specified the user as rwserver\<user> in the dialog boxes; so I am wondering where it is coming up with the 'RWOFFICE\RWSERVER$' that it appears to be trying to add?  RWOFFICE is the workgroup that RWSERVER belongs to.  The user is one that I set up for FCS and it is a local admin.  Again, we are not in a domain environment.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

- Max

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 5:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Max

From your other post, you stated correctly that the FCS server needs to be in an AD domain - that is very likely the cause of your error here

Thanks

Chris

Forefront Client Security PM

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 2:00 PM
  • MAX,

The FCS, only works if the computer is an a Domain. In a Workgroup, it does not work correctly, because WSUS, SQL and the policies that you make in a FCSC no works.

You can create a virtual machine to use AD and thus to be able to use the service of virtualization of Microsoft.

LET´S GO!

Pablo Ale
    Geminis Computer S.A
    Tuesday, August 21, 2007 5:36 PM
  • I am experience the same issue, thanks
    Saturday, September 3, 2011 7:49 PM