none
Event Id error 3106 - Number of files skipped for synchronization due to errors has exceeded the maximum allowed limit of 100... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I got dpm2012 r2, I have PG for file server to backup all files, I got this error:

"

The replica of C:\ on server01 is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is synchronized with consistency check. (ID: 3106)
    Number of files skipped for synchronization due to errors has exceeded the maximum allowed limit of 100 files on this data source (ID: 32538)"

I found in the web something about add registry key "MaxFailedFiles", I tried to find the relevant article but I can't find it

Dose anyone know about this issue in dpm2012??

Thanks

Lior

Monday, February 2, 2015 6:44 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You should investigate the reason for the skipped files.  What is the error code on the failedfileslog.txt file ?

There is a Registry key you can put in place on the protected server that can be used to tell it to skip a
    certain number of files before failing.  Just to get a good recovery point, set it very high like 1000, but ultimately you want to address the problem that prevents them from getting backed up. 

Under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\Agent - create a new Key ContinueOnFailure and add the Reg DWORD MaxFailedFiles with a value of
    1000 decimal.

To adjust the number of files skipped before failure add the regkey to the protected server:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\Agent\ContinueOnFailure
    MaxFailedFiles:REG_DWORD:1000  (decimal)

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Lior_f Wednesday, February 4, 2015 1:10 PM
    Monday, February 2, 2015 3:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You should investigate the reason for the skipped files.  What is the error code on the failedfileslog.txt file ?

There is a Registry key you can put in place on the protected server that can be used to tell it to skip a
    certain number of files before failing.  Just to get a good recovery point, set it very high like 1000, but ultimately you want to address the problem that prevents them from getting backed up. 

Under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\Agent - create a new Key ContinueOnFailure and add the Reg DWORD MaxFailedFiles with a value of
    1000 decimal.

To adjust the number of files skipped before failure add the regkey to the protected server:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\Agent\ContinueOnFailure
    MaxFailedFiles:REG_DWORD:1000  (decimal)

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Lior_f Wednesday, February 4, 2015 1:10 PM
    Monday, February 2, 2015 3:36 PM
  • Hi,

I need to add the registry key to DPM server or client server? 

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 7:01 AM
  • Hi,

<snip>There is a Registry key you can put in place on the protected server.>snip<

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 3:56 PM
  • Hi

I'm having exactly the same issue as above in DPM 2016 UR5. The protection group that is failing is protecting a large Clustered File Server with a number of shares which have long filenames/paths.

We know there are some file names/paths in there causing problems and this needs sorted, but in the meantime what I want to know is:

1. Are the reg keys above also valid for DPM 2016 UR5 on Server 2016? The query above is about DPM 2012 r2

2. Does this then need done on all the cluster nodes which the file server service could potentially fail onto? We have 16 of those, all Server 2016 too.

Thanks

Alig69 

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 7:52 AM