none
Login takes long time RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

Many of the Windows 7 Enterprise Edition, login time takes long time. (Domain joined machine)I suspect that after windows update it happening for the first time.

Is there any logs available to check what happens when a user login till the login competes

How this issue can be analysed to find the root cause.

Suggest me on the possibilities.

Regards,

Boopathi S

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 12:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

there are some techniques to troubleshoot this:

With process monitor

With Xperf

You might also try with a clean boot and see if logon time improves

This post is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.
    ~~~
    Questo post non fornisce garanzie e non conferisce diritti

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 12:10 PM
  • Boopathi,

There was an issue with group policy processing that was addressed in an Enterprise Hotfix Rollup KB277551.  This Hotfix has resolved issues with logon times for me.  You can read more here

While I believe the Hotfix should assist you, I would also recommend looking into group policy debug logging as well.  You can set this to an AD group for computers that are having issues, or just enable it for everyone if you like.  This will provide much more information for you on what is happening during the logon process.  You can read more info here and here

www.SteveHardee.com | @SteveHardee

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 12:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

there are some techniques to troubleshoot this:

With process monitor

With Xperf

You might also try with a clean boot and see if logon time improves

This post is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.
    ~~~

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 12:10 PM
  • Boopathi,

There was an issue with group policy processing that was addressed in an Enterprise Hotfix Rollup KB277551.  This Hotfix has resolved issues with logon times for me.  You can read more here

While I believe the Hotfix should assist you, I would also recommend looking into group policy debug logging as well.  You can set this to an AD group for computers that are having issues, or just enable it for everyone if you like.  This will provide much more information for you on what is happening during the logon process.  You can read more info here and here

www.SteveHardee.com | @SteveHardee

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 12:28 PM
  • Userenv.log won't work on Windows 7, you could enable gpsvc logging but it won't be as friendly as userenv.log was

~~~

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 12:37 PM