same 5 icons randomly delete themselves from desktop RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently run into a problem where the same 5 game shortcut icons will randomly delete themselves, when i reboot, or wake up the computer.  It is only these 5 game shortcuts, and all the other shortcuts have no problems.  It is getting very frustrating to have to constantly move the icons back to my desktop.  Any Solutions?
    Monday, January 10, 2011 1:07 AM

Answers

• Hi,

In this case I suspect the issue is caused by some Anti-Virus software delete it. Please check the Anti-Virus software setting or temporarily disable the Anti-Virus software.

Also, you may follow the steps below to copy the Icon to the desktop of Public.

1. Open C:\Users\Public.
    2. Then copy the Icons to this folder.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Monday, January 24, 2011 2:03 AM
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 8:33 AM
  • The maintain task which is run when the PC is idle is the cause.

take ownership of the file C:\ Windows\Diagnostics\Scheduled\Maintenance\TS_BrokenShortcuts.ps1 > and open the file with notepad and to, to line 44:

and increase the value from 4 to let me say 10. Save the file.

best regards
    André

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 2:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In this case I suspect the issue is caused by some Anti-Virus software delete it. Please check the Anti-Virus software setting or temporarily disable the Anti-Virus software.

Also, you may follow the steps below to copy the Icon to the desktop of Public.

1. Open C:\Users\Public.
    2. Then copy the Icons to this folder.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 8:33 AM
  • The maintain task which is run when the PC is idle is the cause.

take ownership of the file C:\ Windows\Diagnostics\Scheduled\Maintenance\TS_BrokenShortcuts.ps1 > and open the file with notepad and to, to line 44:

and increase the value from 4 to let me say 10. Save the file.

best regards
    André

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 2:36 PM