Configuration Manager 2007 R3 Managment Pack RRS feed

• Question

• Recently I received the following alert in SCOM:

ConfigMgr 2007 Status: Distribution Manager failed to remove package from a Distribution Point

I went through the Component Status and tracked down the issue which was the result of a machine that was acting as a distribution point being decommissioned before it was removed as a site system.  So I removed it from the Site Systems and reset the counts on the SMS_DISTRIBUTION_MANAGER component.  I also changed the retries on the distribution manager so it would give up trying to remove packages from the site system after ten tries.  I've confirmed that there are no more errors being logged in the SMS_DISTRIBUTION_MANAGER component.

I thought this would take care of the alert but it still re-occurs at the interval the monitoring rule is set for. 

Again, I have confirmed through the Component Status that there are no distribution errors being logged so I can't understand why the SCOM alert keeps on popping up.  The Health Explorer for the ConfigMgr server also indicates everything is green.

Anyone have any suggestions how I can stop this alert from re-occuring?

• Edited by JayScovill Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:14 PM
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:12 PM

Answers