Lync Server 2013 Enterprise Voice in multiple site RRS feed

• Question

• I have a customer who wish to deploy Lync Server 2013 in his environment which has 4 sites. He has almost same number of users (3000) in all sites. I need to deploy the Enterprise Voice solution for him. Assuming 4 sites as siteA, siteB, siteC, and siteD.

Also assume that siteA is the primary site which will host the Lync Server. Also, I will configure the mediation server and pstn gateway at siteA.

Can anyone please help me in understanding as what all things do I need to consider, like which protocols are used,  for other site.

Thanks and Regards

Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:24 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to confirm if each site has 3000 users or he has 3000 users in his entire environment.

If you required presence and conferencing features in addition to voice features for up to 3000 users in each sites, it is recommended to deploy Lync Standard Edition server in each sites. In this case, you can deploy pairs of Front End pools across two geographically dispersed sites. For details: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj205293.aspx

In addition, multiple sites can share any of the following that you deploy in one central site:

Stand-alone Mediation Server or pool

Edge Server or Edge pool

Persistent Chat Server or pool

Archiving

Monitoring

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Kent-Huang Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:43 AM
    Friday, March 22, 2013 3:36 AM