How to search Outlook item in Insert Item window? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to know if there are any add-ins for searching Outlook item in Insert Item window. Thanks.

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 6:42 AM

Answers

• Hi,

We are not sure whether is any 3rd-party add-in can be used to achieve the goal. However, we can use the following methods to work around this issue:

Method 1: Search for the Outlook item in the corresponding Outlook module (Mail, Calendar, People, Tasks, etc.) and then drag & drop it to the new email window.

Method 2: Search for the Outlook item in the corresponding Outlook module (Mail, Calendar, People, Tasks, etc.) and mark it with a specific color category and then sort the Insert Item window via Category so that you can easily find the item with a specific color category.

In addition, although this feature is not available in Outlook, it sounds a good idea. I'd recommend you submit a feedback about this to Microsoft via the UserVoice forum, which is the most direct channel our product team utilizes to collect feedback and ideas from our customers. Microsoft values all customer feedback. We want to hear from you about how we can make our products better.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Steve Fan Thursday, February 9, 2017 6:13 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, February 16, 2017 2:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by vane42 Friday, February 17, 2017 6:13 AM
    Thursday, February 9, 2017 6:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

We are not sure whether is any 3rd-party add-in can be used to achieve the goal. However, we can use the following methods to work around this issue:

Method 1: Search for the Outlook item in the corresponding Outlook module (Mail, Calendar, People, Tasks, etc.) and then drag & drop it to the new email window.

Method 2: Search for the Outlook item in the corresponding Outlook module (Mail, Calendar, People, Tasks, etc.) and mark it with a specific color category and then sort the Insert Item window via Category so that you can easily find the item with a specific color category.

In addition, although this feature is not available in Outlook, it sounds a good idea. I'd recommend you submit a feedback about this to Microsoft via the UserVoice forum, which is the most direct channel our product team utilizes to collect feedback and ideas from our customers. Microsoft values all customer feedback. We want to hear from you about how we can make our products better.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Steve Fan Thursday, February 9, 2017 6:13 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, February 16, 2017 2:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by vane42 Friday, February 17, 2017 6:13 AM
    Thursday, February 9, 2017 6:10 AM
  • They're the workarounds which I have been using. Anyway, thank you for the reply.
    Thursday, February 9, 2017 7:15 AM
  • Thank you for the update. Currently, I'm afraid only these workarounds are available in this case. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Thursday, February 16, 2017 2:08 AM