How to disable Simple File Sharing Remotely RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I am trying to disable the simple file sharing on a workgroup computer remotely using the reg add but it gives an error as "Access Denied".

I want to execute psexec on these computers but it is failing because the "simple file sharing is enabled"

I want to disable the simple file sharing on the workgroup computers. I only know the Administrator credentials of the remote computer.

Please reply with your valuable inputs.

Thursday, June 2, 2011 5:26 PM

All replies

• I want to perform this action remotely by executing some commands or tools.

There is no way to login to each computer to configure this setting because there are 100's of computers spread across different LAN.

Please let me know whether any tool is there to accomplish this

Friday, June 3, 2011 9:28 AM
  • Thanks for guiding me in the right direction but i want to know how to copy that batch file to the startup folder from the remote machine.

When i try to access the share from the remote machine it gives access denied error when the "Simple File Sharing is enabled"

Thanks

Friday, June 3, 2011 3:13 PM
  • I am not able to understand the above answer. Could you please explain with the step by step.
    Friday, June 3, 2011 3:58 PM
  • Apologize for the delayed response. This is not for the existing machines in our company. actualy we will get many rented machines and i want to perform the above activity as soon as it connects to my network. All the machines are in workgroup environment.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:51 PM