none
RDS 2016 an shared computers using Edge, Chrome or FireFox RRS feed

• Question

• We are in the process of testing RDS over Citrix and have come up with a problem for us that i can not find an article on.

We are trying to make the process as seamless as possible so we are trying to use SSO but we come into problems on a shared computer.

If you use anything other than Internet Explorer (Active X) i can sign in as myself, log off the computer log in as another user, open Chrome/Edge/Firefox log into RDS, open say outlook and it opens the email of the previous user. Any application uses the stored creds in cred manager. We would like it to pass the authentication from the Web connection to the Remote App connection. Is this possible in RDS 2016?

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 3:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you want to use SSO for Web site, you need enable the MsRdpClientShell Class (ActiveX Control). But, as far as I know, Chrome/Edge/Firefox do not support Active X.

So, you may only run RemoteApp with SSO on Internet Explorer, which support Active X.

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 16, 2017 4:45 AM
  • Hi,

If the reply above has resolved your problem, please mark it as answer.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Jay

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 27, 2017 3:40 PM
  • Hi,

If the reply above has resolved your problem, please mark it as answer.

Best Regards,

Jay

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 1:21 PM