windows installer RRS feed

• Question

• windows  installer    not  installed   properly  on   my   acer  laptop,   since   new,//    unable  to   install  internet  security  also   other   programmes,   discs,   i   require..    needs   re-installing  ????
    Sunday, July 11, 2010 11:14 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Is there any error message when trying to install certain software? If so, please capture the window and upload it to Skydrive (www.skydrive.live.com), and then share the link to me for research.

At this stage, I suggest you refer to the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

1. Assure the Windows Installer service is started on the machine.

2. Perform a Clean Boot to check the result.

If the software still cannot be installed, please download some software like Windows Live Messenger which is also based on Windows Installer for a test. Is it installed successfully?

Thanks,

Novak

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Novak Wu Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:01 AM
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 3:13 AM

All replies

• Assuming your laptop came with Win 7, The version of Windows Installer that came with it (5.0) appears not available as a separate download, so your options are limited.

Before doing anything drastic, how long has this problem existed, and how do you know it's WI? Can you quote error messages you get when you attempt to install software? If the issue existed since new, have you contacted Acer technical support for a fix?

http://support.acer.com/

Sunday, July 11, 2010 3:09 PM
  • Hi,

Is there any error message when trying to install certain software? If so, please capture the window and upload it to Skydrive (www.skydrive.live.com), and then share the link to me for research.

At this stage, I suggest you refer to the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

1. Assure the Windows Installer service is started on the machine.

2. Perform a Clean Boot to check the result.

If the software still cannot be installed, please download some software like Windows Live Messenger which is also based on Windows Installer for a test. Is it installed successfully?

Thanks,

Novak

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Novak Wu Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:01 AM
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 3:13 AM