Save as... from WORD - doesn't show the "edit properties" window RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm doing some testing for different ways of upload new documents to SharePoint.

One of them is  create a new word document locally and then "Save as..." from word itself.

When i'm choosing "To SharePoint" and set the URL - It saves the document but the properties edit window is not shown!

I also tested Map Network drive to SharePoint and it doesn't work there as well.

Any explanations?

keren tsur

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 12:18 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to show properties edit window when you save the document to SharePoint library.

In document, there is no properties edit window by design. You could use document information panel to edit properties.

You need to enable document information panel in SharePoint library. Please access Library Settings > click Document Content Type > click Document Information Panel settings > check Always show Document Information Panel on document open and initial save for this content type. Then in document, you need to access Info interface and select Show Document Panel in Properties field. After that, the properties will show in the work, shown as figure below.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 7:41 AM