Do OM powershell cmdlets exist on MS?? RRS feed

• Question

• Do OM powershell cmdlet can execute on Management Server.

I want to run some Cmdlets on agent managed computer.

I have a rule which get the list of discoveries for my management pack and based on their enable value (true/false), some tasks are processed.

Now if i install the management pack on agent managed computer, the rule is failing. Is there a way through which we can run OM powershell cmdlets on a agent managed computer.

Thanks,

Mukul

Thursday, May 22, 2014 8:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Hope the below article be helpful for you:

SCOM 2012 – Install SCOM PowerShell Modules Without SCOM Console Installation

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

After we successfully installing the module on agent, use get-module command to get all available module, and use get-command -module "modulename" to get all commands that can be used in the specific module.

Regards,

Yan Li

Regards, Yan Li

• Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, June 3, 2014 2:32 AM
    Monday, May 26, 2014 2:54 AM

All replies

• Make sure the following on agent managed machine

1) Powershell is support on client OS

2) If your powershell cmdlets include SCOM cmdlet, you should install relevance SCOM module on the agent managed machine

Roger

Thursday, May 22, 2014 9:04 AM
  • PowerShell will be supported on client OS, as this is one of the prerequisite of the MP installer.

It means that i need to specifically install SCOM PowerShell module on agent managed machine.

Thanks,

Mukul

Thursday, May 22, 2014 12:27 PM
  • Hi,

Hope the below article be helpful for you:

SCOM 2012 – Install SCOM PowerShell Modules Without SCOM Console Installation

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

After we successfully installing the module on agent, use get-module command to get all available module, and use get-command -module "modulename" to get all commands that can be used in the specific module.

Regards,

Yan Li

Regards, Yan Li

• Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, June 3, 2014 2:32 AM
    Monday, May 26, 2014 2:54 AM
  • Hi, check this

http://stefanroth.net/2013/03/13/scom-2012-install-scom-powershell-modules-without-scom-console-installation/

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 12:53 PM
  • Ok, thanks for this.

But is this a good way.

Thursday, June 19, 2014 4:49 AM