none
BizTalk 2013 R2 - .NET 4.5.1 RRS feed

Answers

• I would not equate support for using .Net 4.5.1 in a BizTalk Project with Targeting that version.

Changing the Target framework of a BizTalk Project has never been supported.  

.Net has always been (mostly) forward compatible though.

Thursday, July 3, 2014 1:48 PM
  • It's two different things. The BizTalk Platform supports 4.5.1 (your Orchestrations, Maps, Pipelines Components etc. can utilize other components using 4.5.1), but the actual BizTalk Assemblies (containing Schemas, Maps, Pipelines, Orchestrations) still needs to be build using the 4.5 Framework. 

Also: What are you trying to benefit from changing a BizTalk Project from 4.5 to 4.5.1?

Morten la Cour

Thursday, July 3, 2014 1:50 PM

All replies

• I would not equate support for using .Net 4.5.1 in a BizTalk Project with Targeting that version.

Changing the Target framework of a BizTalk Project has never been supported.  

.Net has always been (mostly) forward compatible though.

Thursday, July 3, 2014 1:48 PM
  • It's two different things. The BizTalk Platform supports 4.5.1 (your Orchestrations, Maps, Pipelines Components etc. can utilize other components using 4.5.1), but the actual BizTalk Assemblies (containing Schemas, Maps, Pipelines, Orchestrations) still needs to be build using the 4.5 Framework. 

Also: What are you trying to benefit from changing a BizTalk Project from 4.5 to 4.5.1?

Morten la Cour

Thursday, July 3, 2014 1:50 PM
  • Thx for the answers guys, I do not want to explicitly convert it to 4.5.1
    I was trying to convert it because, I'm referencing a HelperClass that is 4.5.1. I noticed the warning in my references (The referenced project is targeting a higher framework version....) and tried the conversion and noticed this behaviour.Using the functionality of the helperclass is not a problem.

Guess I'll have to learn to live with the warning ;-)

Glenn Colpaert - MCTS BizTalk Server - Blog : http://blog.codit.eu

Thursday, July 3, 2014 2:02 PM