Citrix Desktop Studio ver 5.6.0.21 RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone successfully sequenced Desktop Studio using APP-V 4.6 Seq for 32bit OS?
    • Moved by Aaron.ParkerModerator Wednesday, July 11, 2012 7:34 PM Please do not post questions in the Sequencing Recipe forum (From:App-V Sequencing Recipe Forum)
    • Edited by Aaron.ParkerModerator Thursday, July 12, 2012 1:47 PM added Citrix to the title
    Wednesday, July 11, 2012 6:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• Desktop Studio from which vendor? There appears to be several products named Desktop Studio.

What issue are you having with sequencing this application? What version of the Sequencer are you using? Which version of Windows?

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 7:58 PM
  • Hello,

If you have - it would be a great idea to share it!

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 9:36 PM
  • It is part of the Xen Desktop 5.6 package from Citrix. The version is 5.6.0.21.

I can install it manually with no issues but when I go to sequence it, the install fails. I am using the sequencer ver:4.6.0.1523 on Windows XP SP3. I hope this helps.

Thursday, July 12, 2012 12:06 PM
  • Where does it fail? What does the Sequencer log indicate? Have you tested with a more recent version of the Sequencer

Have you tested with the prerequisites installed to the sequencing machine before sequencing Desktop Director?

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, July 12, 2012 1:46 PM
  • Hi

Yes, the pre-reqs are installed on the sequencing box and the error happens right after you begin the capturing and then I go and start the install of Desktop Studio. It fails the install and I am unable to continue. I do have the log and have been looking thru it to see what exactly the issue is. This also happens in the new version of the 4.6SP1 sequencer as well. After I stop the monitoring and exit out of the sequencer, I can install the application physicallly on the same box successfully with no errors. Thanks

Friday, July 13, 2012 12:26 PM
  • Hello,

Is there any reason not to share the error? Or not to share the logs?

(or - we can't help you unless you start sharing)

• Edited by znack Friday, July 13, 2012 12:49 PM
    Friday, July 13, 2012 12:42 PM
  • Not at all, I am new to this so how do I attach it?

Friday, July 13, 2012 12:56 PM
  • Hello,

You could, in text - write the error message here.

Above the text-field you have options - one of them is to include images.

Apart from that - you can always insert links to external resources, such as a website.

Friday, July 13, 2012 12:58 PM
  • Error is:

XenDesktopSetup:Process completed with error code 1603

We think it could be a pre-req we are missing. I will respond later today with more if we still have an issue. I appreciate all the feedback with this so far.

Friday, July 13, 2012 1:18 PM
  • The installer should write a log somewhere (maybe %temp%), otherwise check that the setup has switches to enable logging. The setup log should give you some indication as to what is causing the 1603 error.

See edocs for more install documentation: http://support.citrix.com/proddocs/topic/director-210/director-install.html

Friday, July 13, 2012 1:24 PM
  • Hello,

Error code 1603 is a generic Windows Installer error - documented here;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834484

You could always enable logging to retrieve more information - see this guide; http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX118278/

Since you didn't share any of the system requirements for the program you are sequencing, I took the liberty of googling that for you;

http://support.citrix.com/proddocs/topic/xendesktop-ibi/cds-sys-reqs-wrapper-ibi.html

However - we have no idea of what your baseline is or how your environment is setup inregards to the system requirements as you haven't shared that.

We don't know exactly how you are installing Desktop Studio either - as the requirement page show, there are several components to the installation.

Friday, July 13, 2012 1:26 PM