Getting an extra carriage return when creating new built in footer to the footer gallery RRS feed

• Question

• I am creating a new built in footer to use in a template.  As created, the footer looks fine, but when I add it to the footer gallery, it inserts a carriage return at the end of the footer which then undesirably changes the look of the footer.  Any suggestions how to fix this?
    Friday, October 8, 2010 3:21 PM

Answers

• Try this: Recreate the footer building block, making sure to  deselect the paragraph mark at the end of the final paragraph in the footer.

The task will be easier if you (temporarily) display paragraph marks (¶) as well as other nonprinting marks; you can press the ¶ button on the Home tab.

To be able to deselect a paragraph mark only, clear the “Use smart paragraph selection” option in Office button | Word Options | Advanced category.

Stefan Blom
    Microsoft Word MVP

"Tara Kol" wrote in message news:281d233a-96ce-4120-b86b-3ba93b62a282@communitybridge.codeplex.com...
    I am creating a new built in footer to use in a template.  As created, the footer looks fine, but when I add it to the footer gallery, it inserts a carriage return at the end of the footer which then undesirably changes the look of the footer.  Any suggestions how to fix this?

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by Sally Tang Monday, October 11, 2010 2:49 AM
    Friday, October 8, 2010 6:20 PM