none
Windows Server 2K8 R2

Question

• Hi , I have applied group policy on one OU in windows 2k8 server. but when I am running update on desktop, i am getting below message.

"The Group Policy Client Side Extension Software Installation was unable to apply one or more settings because the" changes must be processed before system startup or user logon. The system will wait for Group Policy processing to finish completely before the next startup or logon for this user, and this may result in slow startup and boot performance.

As per the Microsoft, navigate to Computer Configuration > Policies > Administrative Templates > System > Group Policy" and enable the "Startup policy processing wait time." Set "Amount of time to wait (in seconds)" to a reasonable value for your environment, for instance "30"..

but I am not able to find "Startup policy processing wait time" in my Group[p Policy settings. 

Kindly advise.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 1:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    Could you please post us the detail screenshot of your GPMC when you look for this policy?
    Please check if you could find “Specify startup policy processing wait time” under Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Group Policy
    In addition, you could directly configure the following registry which is related to the policy:
    Setting Name: Startup policy processing wait time
    Registry Key: HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System!GpNetworkStartTimeoutPolicyValue
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 2:38 AM
  • dear Wendy,

Please find attached screenshot for your reference.

Regards,

Chetan Vora

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 7:35 AM
  • Hi,
    Regarding this error, firstly, please have a try to add templates manually and see if it works:
    1. Right-click on Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates.
    2. Click on Add/Remove Templates… in the pop-up menu.
    3. Click the button Add… in the dialog box.
    4. In the file open dialog box named Policy Templates, select system.adm, and click the Open button.
    5. You will now see the missing items/folders.
    And you could also re-register the appropriate MMC snap-in DLL that implements the missing functionality, please follow:
    Some Group Policy areas are missing from the Group Policy Editor
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/555218
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, March 03, 2017 7:56 AM
  • Hi Wndy,

I have re register dll files Administrative Templates and Scripts: gptext.dll but it didn't work.

Regards

Monday, March 06, 2017 8:58 AM
  • > Please find attached screenshot for your reference.

Seems you created a central store but forgot to copy ADMX files to it...

Monday, March 06, 2017 3:29 PM