none
Due to try filter the project from the column . project is crashing itself RRS feed

• Question

• whenever I click on any column to open or filter . here is this error.

How I can resolve this ?

• Edited by John.Eddie Sunday, April 7, 2013 12:53 PM
    Sunday, April 7, 2013 12:15 PM

All replies

• This looks like a corrupted project. Do you get the same effect with other projects?

Try saving the project under a different name and see what happens when you open the new version and do the same action on the columns. If that crashes too, then try saving the project in a different format (e.g. XML format) and then create a new project from that format.

Graham

Sunday, April 7, 2013 1:59 PM
  • Hi John,

Please make sure you have latest SP installed for the project. : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2075992

Sapna Shukla

Sunday, April 7, 2013 2:28 PM
  • Here's an obscure and very unlikely scenario, but....

A couple of years ago, this was a known issue with HP laptops when running the fingerprint biometrics software.  For some reason, every time you hit a drop down, it would create a security warning or and crash Project.  The solution was to disable the biometrics software.

It seemed more common in Europe for some reason - maybe something to do with French versions of Office or something like that.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky

Sunday, April 7, 2013 6:26 PM
  • I already installed SP1 and CU up to August 2012 .
    Monday, April 8, 2013 6:22 AM
  • Nowadays atleast one project corrupted like this in a week.

Without any reason why the projects are corrupted like this.

Is this a bug of microsoft ?

When I try to save a project with differenet name . It is also crashing .

When I save in xml format and try to create a new project from XML format then the project is not crashing but the the dates of tasks is change.

• Edited by John.Eddie Monday, April 8, 2013 6:47 AM
    Monday, April 8, 2013 6:45 AM
  • Try repairing your Project and see if it helps someway.

Sapna Shukla

Monday, April 8, 2013 9:06 AM
  • How It will repair ?
    Monday, April 8, 2013 10:44 AM
  • John, please let us know if the issue has been resolved.

Sapna Shukla

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 6:02 AM
  • It is no resolve

Thursday, April 18, 2013 7:04 AM
  • I have the same problem, but it is with the dropdown box, not specifically the filter. I recently migrated to Win7 and am running Proj 2007. I initially thought it was the outline code I had created because the program crashed when I tried to select an item from the list in that field. I created a new file, and a new outline code look up list, in case the field was corrupted, but the same thing happened.

I then worked around it by not using the field, which was inconvenient, but then applied the filter and went to select an item in the list for one field and the program crashed again. I then realised it was the drop down that was causing the problem not a specific field. I searched for fixes and saw the biometric software issue from 2011 and have uninstalled that software since I am using an HP machine, but it hasn't solved the problem.

All updates have been applied, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software, run the Windows diagnostics, run repairs on Proj and on MS Office but the problem still occurs. I checked the hotfix suggestion above, but it doesn't seem to address the problem, and is for Proj 2010 anyway. I didn't have the problem in Vista and was using MS Proj in the weeks before the migration with no issues. There are no new programs on the machine that weren't there when operating on Vista, other than system related software.

This is very annoying, and seriously limits the usefulness of the software, so any help would be very much appreciated.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 3:42 PM