none
cofiguration wizard failure RRS feed

• Question

• Please help me  with project server 2010 installation. When i run the configuration wizard for project server what i get is:  

an exception of type microsoft.sharepoint.upgrade.spupgradeexception was thrown.    Additional exception information action 14.0.2.0 of microsoft office project server upgrade spserver project sequence failed

Just like sharepoint 2010 i had Project server installed on my pc before but was uninstalled along with the sharepoint  when the VM crashed.

Please refer this link

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/d9e8486f-2348-4315-9dc3-43a59e44d423/sharepoint-configuration-wizard?forum=sharepointadminprevious

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 5:48 AM

Answers

• Simply go to share point central administration page and enable the services Web analytics Web Service, Web Analytics data processing service  and project server application. If these services are stopped start them
    and run the share point configuration wizard again.

<textarea class="ad3" dir="ltr" id=":227" style="height:36px;overflow-y:hidden;"></textarea>

pf

• Marked as answer by anand_sarath Wednesday, June 25, 2014 12:16 PM
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 12:08 PM

All replies

• Did you re-install SharePoint and Project Server 2010 on the machine? Can you copy the entire error from the logs. This will give us more insights about the issue.

Cheers! Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 1:30 PM
  • I would first try repairing the SharePoint and project installation and then re-running the SharePoint Product Configurations wizard. If that fails, then uninstall, install and rebuild SharePoint. Point to your old SQL databases and it should be good as new.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:34 AM
  • well i had my old Sql servers removed and now i am doing a fresh installation of sharepoint and project server and installed a new SQL server on hyper-v on the same machine. Well i got my sharepoint installed already.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 9:55 AM
  • Simply go to share point central administration page and enable the services Web analytics Web Service, Web Analytics data processing service  and project server application. If these services are stopped start them
    and run the share point configuration wizard again.

<textarea class="ad3" dir="ltr" id=":227" style="height:36px;overflow-y:hidden;"></textarea>

pf

• Marked as answer by anand_sarath Wednesday, June 25, 2014 12:16 PM
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 12:08 PM