none
GQL Office365 Graph and PowerQuery - Success? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm experimenting with PowerQuery against the Office 365 REST apis.

I want to start simple - I'd like to get a list of all my documents (OneDrive for biz or Sharepoint online folders) that Delve would show me. 

Tried this GQL REST url:

https://<mycompany>.sharepoint.com/_api/search/query?Querytext='*'&amp;Properties='GraphQuery:ACTOR(ME)'

I can successfully connect from PowerQuery, but all the tables I get back appear to be schema definitions.  I never get back the actual payload. 

I'd like to see a table, perhaps:

Doc Name - Modified Date - Viewed By - Viewed Count - Shared With

XYZ.doc - 3/2/2015 - [Table] - 10 - [Table]

Possible?

Friday, April 3, 2015 3:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• This appears to be possible. Perhaps some is familiar with the Office 365 APIs in this forum. In the meantime, you might want to have a look at Office 365's API reference. A lot of their APIs appear to be based off of OData, so you should be able to use the OData.Feed function to do what you want.
    Monday, April 6, 2015 4:56 PM
  • Thanks.  I've played around w/ the REST Api's for Office365 in general.   E.g. I can see all the folders in MY onedrive, size, type, etc.  We can explore lists in SharePoint, etc.  It works.

We also have good experience using PQ with the Office 365 Reporting APIs.  We've done some very cool usage analysis by linking those data with our internal HR system to show Office 365 usage by areas of the business.  That's really changed some behaviors.

But, it seems to me that if Facebook's graph is query-able via PQ, then Microsoft's graph should be.

While i don't have a specific business need; I would like to explore how the graph engine is surfacing/computing data.

Monday, April 6, 2015 6:03 PM