Endpoint Protection not updating definitions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

I'm having an ongoing issue with our AntiVirus definitions not deploying to endpoints correctly. 

I know that AV has been an ongoing issue here for a while and it was one of the things I was tasked with investigating when I joined the company a few weeks ago. I was finally able to get the ADR rule in SCCM 2012 configured and it has created 2 deployments with AV definitions in them successfully - both are reporting over 60% complliance since yesterday, which I'm really happy about. 

However, one of my users reported the issue to us and I've been working on resolving it with him ever since. 

Interestingly, his machine is reporting as compliant in the deployments and his SCEP console is now green instead of orange, which makes me think that it's updated, but when you click the update button, it still fails. 

I was an SCCM admin in a previous life but that was using 2007, not 2012, so SCEP is a new piece of the puzzle until I get on appropriate training. If SCCM is installing the definitions (and silently, too, I should add) does that mean that this problem is now resolved provided that these deployments continue to hit 100% compliance, or is there another issue here? 

Thanks! 
    Lewis 

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 2:42 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You have not update for a long time. 

Have you solved this problem? Can you share the solutions to help more people?

Please remember to mark the replies as answer if they help.

Best Regards,

Lorry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by l.d.thomson Friday, October 5, 2018 12:26 PM
    Monday, April 30, 2018 8:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you go to the client side which update successfully and click About, is the version correct version?

Client should report the versions to site server via state messages. Check below thread link to see if this information can help:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e46c75e8-c9db-4539-8080-bd81bef35124/endpoint-protection-how-does-client-report-back-installed-definition-version?forum=configmanagersecurity

Have you tried to manually pushing Endpoint Protection definition update to the test collection to see if they work properly?

Best Regards,

Lorry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 19, 2018 4:00 AM
  • Hi,

You have not update for a long time. 

Have you solved this problem? Can you share the solutions to help more people?

Please remember to mark the replies as answer if they help.

Best Regards,

Lorry

• Marked as answer by l.d.thomson Friday, October 5, 2018 12:26 PM
    Monday, April 30, 2018 8:47 AM