Addin words to dictionary RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know how to add words to the Dictionary in OWA?

It keeps seeing my name as misspelled.

Sunday, August 13, 2006 4:19 PM

Answers

• I'm pretty sure this hasn't changed since OWA 2003, which means it isn't natively possible.

Sunday, August 13, 2006 8:03 PM

All replies

• I'm pretty sure this hasn't changed since OWA 2003, which means it isn't natively possible.

Sunday, August 13, 2006 8:03 PM
  • Has this changed at all for OWA 2007?  We would like to add words to our installation.

Thursday, August 30, 2007 7:07 PM
  • NO.  This feature was NOT added to Exchange 2007 OWA.

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/featurecomparison.mspx

I wish it were.  Exchange 2007 OWA complain about half of my Exchange 2007 OWA signature.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 5:16 PM
  • Bumping this as I have the same need to add words.  Is there a way to add a dictionary?  Maybe modify the langauge dictionary and rename it?

Friday, May 9, 2008 12:02 AM
  • to clarify, these would be company wide additions we need to do. 
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 6:29 PM
  • Has anyone tried to do this in 2010 to see if it is possible?
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 7:31 PM
  • Hello Nermin,

i checked in the OWA 2010, i have a Office 365 account. But i couldnt get that option of adding words to dictionary. Is it specific to Ex 2010 on premise server or does that applies to office 365 also

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 2:02 AM
  • Well, when I tested it I was using google chrome as a browser. I realize that this option is not available with IE, but if you try it with chrome you should be good to go.

Nermin

In this case you were adding the word to chrome's dictionary - not OWA.  You would not benefit from this when using another computer as that dictionary is stored locally within your desktop's profile.

Mike Crowley | MVP
    My Blog -- Planet Technologies

Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:38 PM
  • I don't think you understood the question correctly; there is not option to add to dictionary when you right click in OWA, hence the question posed to the forum.
    Monday, August 20, 2012 4:28 PM
  • I am still hoping to find the answer to this question.  Exchange 2010 OWA has a dictionary language choice...now to just figure out where the dictionary is stored, as they still don't have the option to add to dictionary. 

The truth in truth is a terrible jest. --Blitzen Trapper

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 6:34 PM