Windows xp setup files not found on CD RRS feed

• Question

• Have been trying to load windows on a new hard drive.  Installation went smoothly, untill in the final 30 minutes.  At that point the program was unable to find two files onthe CD  (sqbledb.dl and msoe.dl_)  Needless to say the setup will not complete.  How do I recover the files and where do I place them in the OS on my computer?

I have verified that the file titles are on the CD in the location that the setup program expects.  They for what every reason are not loading.  I am loading SP2.  This occured on the second setup run.  My first effort to load windows XP on this drive produced a black screen while I was trying to download XP updates from the microsoft web site.  I reformated the drive and began the setup again.

Saturday, December 3, 2011 8:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

MSOE.DLL is used for Microsoft Outlook Express which is a default program installed along with Windows

SQBLEDB.DLL is used for Microsoft OLE DB as part of MS SQL Express

It is possible that these files are on the CD but perhaps the CD may have been damaged or scratched, Sometimes a wipe of a CD cleaning cloth will resolve this.

To resolve, Assuming of course the PC is up and running, you can download both DLL's from a reputable source or another XP machine and place them in the System32 folder.

If you PC is not up and running you will need to order another Windows CD or borrow one. You will also need to ensure that the CD is correct to your license for windows, for example only an OEM disk will work with your manufacturer key.

Kind Regards,

Martin

If you find my information useful, please rate it. :-)
    Sunday, December 4, 2011 7:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

MSOE.DLL is used for Microsoft Outlook Express which is a default program installed along with Windows

SQBLEDB.DLL is used for Microsoft OLE DB as part of MS SQL Express

It is possible that these files are on the CD but perhaps the CD may have been damaged or scratched, Sometimes a wipe of a CD cleaning cloth will resolve this.

To resolve, Assuming of course the PC is up and running, you can download both DLL's from a reputable source or another XP machine and place them in the System32 folder.

If you PC is not up and running you will need to order another Windows CD or borrow one. You will also need to ensure that the CD is correct to your license for windows, for example only an OEM disk will work with your manufacturer key.

Kind Regards,

Martin

If you find my information useful, please rate it. :-)
    Sunday, December 4, 2011 7:05 PM
  • if your cd is scratched clean it with brasso or metal polish.. sounds stupid but it has made alot of my cd's work. IF you dont that use peanut butter... messy and pretty gross but once you wipe it all off u wont even see the scratches ( it fills them in )
    Sunday, December 4, 2011 11:45 PM