none
Upgrading Visio/Project to 2013 deactivates Office 2010?? RRS feed

• Question

• I have Visio 2013, Project 2013, and Office 2013 rolled out to our users.  A user pointed out yesterday that when he upgraded to Visio 2013, Office 2010 became deactivated and was warning him that he was in trial mode.

Does anyone know a fix for this, and what is causing it?  Calling to reactivate is not an option for an enterprise of 2,500 users.

Friday, April 4, 2014 4:50 PM

All replies

• FWIW,

I just had the same issue when installing the Project 2013 trial. Customer support blamed my inactivation on a hard drive upgrade I did a month ago, but this didn't seem plausible.

Thursday, July 31, 2014 7:21 PM
  • We recently upgrade to office 2013, and some of our users had visio. Both had to be uninstalled first (of course uninstalling doesn't delete personal documents, but be sure to back up important personal documents before uninstalling, as this should be done on a regular basis anyways....I digress), and then the new 2013 versions installed, as well as any plug ins.

The few users that had visio, had to have office 2013 installed first, then visio 2013 after that, of course, I only did a few.

Anyways, given that your post was back in April, I hope your solution has already been found!

Regards,

Jeff C

Thursday, August 7, 2014 12:05 PM