none
Group Policy on Computer OU RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to apply group policy settings with Windows Steady State.  I would like to apply them to a Computer OU.  I am not sure if I need to install Windows Steady State on my server and don't want to mess up anything on my server by trying it as nowhere does it tell me to.  I copied the adm file to the server however and pointed the GP to it.  Can anyone explain to me what steps I may be missing?  I followed the directions in the handbook;  AD U&C, right click on OU, Properties, Group Policy, and Edit.  I pointed to the SCTsettings.adm.  Thank you for any help!

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 3:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Do you mean that you have successfully add the SCTSettings.adm into the template, but the entry is not displayed, or when trying to add the template, error message was received ?

After adding the template, the location will be Administrative Templates\Classic Administrative Templates\All Windows Steady State templates. If it is not displayed, please right-click on Administrative Templates, choose View->Filtering, uncheck the box "Only show policy settings that can be fully managed".

The following article may be referred.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739211.aspx

However, if error messages are received when you try to add the SCTSettings.adm, please let us know the exactly error message.

Thursday, November 6, 2008 10:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean that you have successfully add the SCTSettings.adm into the template, but the entry is not displayed, or when trying to add the template, error message was received ?

After adding the template, the location will be Administrative Templates\Classic Administrative Templates\All Windows Steady State templates. If it is not displayed, please right-click on Administrative Templates, choose View->Filtering, uncheck the box "Only show policy settings that can be fully managed".

The following article may be referred.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739211.aspx

However, if error messages are received when you try to add the SCTSettings.adm, please let us know the exactly error message.

Thursday, November 6, 2008 10:22 AM
  • I found that connector you were looking for
    Cindy, is this the thing you were looking for?
    www.liangdianup.com/computeraccessories_1.htm

It's on the list of computer accessories and parts. They have the DVI video thing to convert that jap monitor to work with your other computer. Just about any other kind of wire adaptor, usb connectors, monitor extension wires, ps2 extention wires, and all kinds of female and male swap connectors and things that I think would help your shop. If that above link don't work then goto www.lducompany.com and click on computer accessories. Let me know if that is what you need and give me your email address again.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:36 AM