Outlook's automatic start RRS feed

• Question

• When I am reading a web page and I click on an email address outlook starts. I do not want that to happen it costs me time. How do I turn off that feature or make it open my Yahoo account?
    Wednesday, October 4, 2017 4:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Stevie,

I suppose you are referring to the "mailto" link. This is because Outlook currently is your default application for your email, calendar and contacts.

>>make it open my Yahoo account?

Have you configured your Yahoo account in your Outlook client? If yes, just set it as your default account in Outlook, then you can use your Yahoo account to handle the email directly.

If you prefer the webmail experience, depending on the browser and the webmail service that you use, you can change how mailto: links behave.

This link should be helpful for you: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-change-the-default-email-program-for-mailto-links/

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 5, 2017 6:30 AM
  • Hi,

How is it going? I'm just writing to see whether the information above is helpful for you, please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 23, 2017 2:19 AM