none
Teams Direct Routing and Sonus Edge 2k RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

We currently have a setup of hybrid voice using a Sonus Edge 2K and a gamma SIP trunk. We now want to run a POC of Teams Direct Routing.

I have read some of the Sonus documentation on this but need some clarification. Do we need to create a new logical interface with a new IP and public certificate and then a new signalling group or could we make use of an existing signalling group and replace the existing cert with a UCC cert with multiple host names on it to support the Teams SBC fqdn?

I'm thinking the best way to do this would be to create a new logical interface to keep everything seperate

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks

Adam

Monday, September 9, 2019 9:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Adam,

Because of the limitation of our forum, we are not familiar with SBC configuration.

In my research, there is a document related to this case. According to the document, I suggest you create a logical interface.

Please refer to:

https://support.sonus.net/display/UXDOC80/Configuring+SBC+Edge+for+Select+Microsoft+Teams+Direct+Routing+Related+Migration+Scenarios?desktop=true&macroName=style

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft can make no representation concerning the content of these sites. Microsoft is providing this information only as a convenience to you: this is to inform you that Microsoft has not tested any software or information found on these sites and therefore cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software on the Internet.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 6:32 AM
  • Hi Adam,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:15 AM
  • Hi Adam,

The certificate is only used on the SIP Trunk between the SBC and Teams. You don't need to apply it to the Gamma SIP Trunk.

So you should be able to divert a few numbers off your existing trunk and send it to the new Teams Signalling Group. It then will go to Teams on a TLS Trunk.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:32 AM
  • Hi 

Thanks for your response. The SBC is also integrated with Skype for business and there is already a certificate and a TLS trunk to Skype Mediation server. I am pretty sure that you can only have one cert on the SBC and therefore a multi san cert would be needed.

Thanks

Adam

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 9:56 AM
  • Yes, you're right then in that regard if you already deploy a TLS trunk.

Not sure if this helps:

https://lucavitali.wordpress.com/2019/03/14/how-to-change-ribbon-sbc-name-to-a-routable-domain-for-teams-direct-routing/

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 12:31 PM
  • Hi Adam42,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Friday, September 20, 2019 2:54 AM