none
Manual Schedule and Auto Schedule Buttons are Greyed Out

Question

• Hello!

Some how my manual AND auto schedule buttons  are greyed out and I cannot use either one of them. Can someone advise out to fix this? 

Thank you

Thursday, January 25, 2018 4:37 PM

Answers

• ConstructionPM1899 --

If you select a blank row in any task view, such as the Gantt Chart view, both of the buttons will be grayed out.  If you select any regular task, summary task, or milestone task, the buttons will be activated.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, January 25, 2018 4:57 PM

All replies

• ConstructionPM1899 --

If you select a blank row in any task view, such as the Gantt Chart view, both of the buttons will be grayed out.  If you select any regular task, summary task, or milestone task, the buttons will be activated.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, January 25, 2018 4:57 PM
  • ConstructionPM1899,

First of all what version of Project are you using? Second, it if fully updated? Note, if it is a subscription form (e.g. Project Online or Project 365) it is automatically updated.

Assuming Project is fully updated, which "buttons" are greyed out? Are they the options you see for Schedule mode in the Task Information window General tab?

Are you perhaps looking at the task information for an external task?

More information is needed in order for us to help you.

John

Thursday, January 25, 2018 5:04 PM
  • in compatibility mode these 2 buttons will be grayed out. one of reasons I faced. Just save as another copy with your current version then its ok. 
    Friday, January 11, 2019 1:32 AM