Deploying Tracking Protection List to enterprise machines IE11 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I noted from past resources that IE9 ADMX previously came with the ability to manage tracking protection lists through GPO. It looks like this functionality has since been removed and we are now only able to enable or disable the tracking protection function entirely through GPO.

If there any way to deploy pre-populated tracking protection lists to enterprise machines? Either through GPO, SCCM build process, registry entry etc?

Thank you.

MCITP Windows 7 Enterprise Administrator

Friday, March 27, 2015 5:04 PM

Answers

• Hi DunkG,

After a deep research ,I haven`t found any useful method to make it as we did for the Internet Explorer 9 .However ,I found it is combined with two parts .The registry keys and the TPL files located in the user profiles .
    Here is a link for reference:

Edit or Create Tracking Protection List in Internet Explorer
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/tracking-protection-list-internet-explorer

I found a convenient way from my machine to get a tracking-protection-list.I found this option in my Internet Explorer 11 "Get a Trackong Protection List Online".You can have a try .

NOTE: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yolanda Zhu Wednesday, April 8, 2015 9:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Thursday, April 9, 2015 1:26 AM
    Monday, March 30, 2015 9:50 AM
  • Hello All,

I noted from past resources that IE9 ADMX previously came with the ability to manage tracking protection lists through GPO. It looks like this functionality has since been removed and we are now only able to enable or disable the tracking protection function entirely through GPO.

If there any way to deploy pre-populated tracking protection lists to enterprise machines? Either through GPO, SCCM build process, registry entry etc?

Thank you.

There's some discussion, and a good article by Alan Burchill, which suggests that IE9 never really implemented configuring TPL the way you want it:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/3071dfd5-ade7-453e-8c09-afa2c77b0b42/tracking-protection-list?forum=winserverGP

After a very small amount of web searching, I didn't find any useful methods (but I didn't search very long)

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Edited by DonPick Saturday, March 28, 2015 8:03 AM
    Saturday, March 28, 2015 8:02 AM

All replies

• Hello All,

Thank you.

There's some discussion, and a good article by Alan Burchill, which suggests that IE9 never really implemented configuring TPL the way you want it:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/3071dfd5-ade7-453e-8c09-afa2c77b0b42/tracking-protection-list?forum=winserverGP

After a very small amount of web searching, I didn't find any useful methods (but I didn't search very long)

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Edited by DonPick Saturday, March 28, 2015 8:03 AM
    Saturday, March 28, 2015 8:02 AM
  • Hi DunkG,

After a deep research ,I haven`t found any useful method to make it as we did for the Internet Explorer 9 .However ,I found it is combined with two parts .The registry keys and the TPL files located in the user profiles .
    Here is a link for reference:

Edit or Create Tracking Protection List in Internet Explorer
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/tracking-protection-list-internet-explorer

I found a convenient way from my machine to get a tracking-protection-list.I found this option in my Internet Explorer 11 "Get a Trackong Protection List Online".You can have a try .

NOTE: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 30, 2015 9:50 AM