Vista Freezes Up Everytime I Do A Fresh Start-Up RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I just recently baught a new HP Computer With an i7 processor in it. Everything seems to run fine except for the fact that everytime I start it up from a complete shut-down it loads fine, but once the desktop appears and I go into Internet Explorer or any other program for that matter the whole OS freezes up. I Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to access the task manager and that never seems to work either. The biggest problem is that the problem keeps getting worse, last week I just had to reboot my computer twice to make it work, but now this morning it took 4 tries to get it so that it would respond. Does this sound like a hardware or software issue? I am thinking hardware, but I was wondering if anyone had any possible suggestions on programs I could try running from MS to see if could detect what's going on here. I am also happy to provide any other aditional info as well, including my system specs etc...

Thank You!
    ~Andrew
    andrew
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Friday, August 28, 2009 8:40 PM Moved to relevant category (From:Windows Vista Announcements)
    Saturday, August 22, 2009 10:51 PM

All replies

• Same thing.   Turned off.. opened on safe... ran cleaner and defrag... closed down properly... restarted ok.  Also remove dweather bug from sidebar at startup.... avoid using explorer during startup.   Word crashes with downloaded tables that are too large... learn to save work more frequently and save on flash drive or CD-RW so it can be upgraded. Do not save large files on the desktop... save on sub files and use a shortcut to desktop.  Hope this works for you... have little feeling for Vista.   regards... John      on     jfh35
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 10:19 AM
  • Friday, August 28, 2009 8:39 PM