none
How to remove DPM Alerts for certificates expiring RRS feed

• Question

• All,

DPM 2012 Latest SP - Latest RU.

We have lots of servers that *were* protected via certificate protection, however we now have a trust in place and no longer require or utilise the certificates to protect these servers.  In fact the certificates have expired a long time ago now.

However: DPM constantly warns us that the certificate are about to or have expired.  At first we just kept inactivating the alerts, to removing the certificates from the certificate store, to keep inactivating the alerts again, there appears no way of just removing the fact they are longer in use.....there is no way of configuring this through the MMC to state that they are no longer is use - although it should know that as they are now being protected directly via 2 way trusts.

Does anyone know how to remove these alerts? we cannot run remove-production server PS as the servers are still protected via the same DPM server- but now its protected via a trust and not a certificate.

So annoying to have so many warnings populated in the MMC that are not actually real warnings in the environment.

I am guessing this is going to be a SQL query/command, and this is where I fail as my SQL knowledge on using SQL is way outside of config/clustering/infrastructure etc.

If anyone has gone from using certs to trusts and has managed to figure out how to remove the protected clients certs or alerts from DPM - Please let me know. I do not want to remove alerts for ny certificates actually being protected - just the ones that are now on a trust.  Lots of domains etc..

• Edited by SXMorpheus Thursday, July 9, 2015 10:17 PM
    Thursday, July 9, 2015 6:30 PM