none
Not able to write certain letters

Question

• Hi,

I have been having an issue where I tried to rename a group policy using a small letter p. I opened up group policy on my other DC and it worked fine. I went back to the original DC (which is the PDC).... this works fine also now. Could this have been some sort of weird replication issue?

Monday, April 27, 2015 2:05 PM

All replies

• maybe check event logs for replication errors
    Monday, April 27, 2015 3:46 PM
  • Yep first thing I did. Nothing there. I am using remote desktop, so it could be a remote desktop issue. Both keyboards are set to UK.

Its not doing it now, for whatever reason.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 8:15 AM
  • Hi John,

>>I opened up group policy on my other DC and it worked fine. I went back to the original DC (which is the PDC)....

Before going further, what does this mean? Does it mean that we can't rename a GPO with a small letter on some DC?

Best regards,
    Frank Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 9:24 AM
  • It is just a small letter "p" that wouldn't work when renaming a GPO.
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 5:14 PM
  • thats great news mark as answered or helpful cheers
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 6:59 PM
  • It is just a small letter "p" that wouldn't work when renaming a GPO.

Hello,

I couldn't reconfigure this. I can change to small letter p without any problems.

By default GPMC will connect to the PDCEmulator to change any setting.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber

MVP, MCP, MCTS

Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

My Blog: http://blogs.msmvps.com/MWeber

Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Twitter:  

Thursday, April 30, 2015 12:48 PM