TEMPLATE Folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I need to copy C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\12\TEMPLATE folder from one web front end server to another one. Servers have same version of SharePoint 2007 and same patching level.

Is this feasible? Shall i expect some issues?

Why do i need to do this? because a lovely developer found a non-standard solution to deploy solutions. How? copying files directly in various subfolders of TEMPLATE.

Thanks for any feedback,

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 2:14 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Before adding/editing files in 12 folder, first take a backup of this folder.

For your issue, You can create new folder in template and add file into it. There will be no impact but make sure that you are not editing existing file (i.e. any default file).

As you said "non-standard solution to deploy solutions", if it is some custom package like wsp then you can deploy this WSP package to other server without doing any manual work.

Hope it could help

Hemendra: "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Please feel free to unmark answer if does not resolves your problem.

• Marked as answer by FortyWinks Thursday, May 23, 2013 7:14 AM
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 4:42 AM