none
extension-unexpected-attribute-value error during deltasync of two MA's RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have a MIM server where I saw the below error.

Event ID :1000

Event Description: Faulting application name: miiserver.exe, version: 4.1.3733.0, time stamp: 0x56edbcbe
    Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.7.3416.0, time stamp: 0x5cabfc63
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000005dfeb0
    Faulting process id: 0x1548
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d55fccc169d656
    Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager\2010\Synchronization Service\Bin\miiserver.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
    Report Id: ce0ad3c2-cbcb-11e1-b44b-0050521117ee

Upon checking the issue I found ADMA and another MA  which runs after ADMA,throws error "extension-unexpected-attribute-value" during sync.And stack trace shows below error.

Synchrozization Step : Provisioning

Extension Name : MV Router.dll

Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.UnexpectedDataException: IMVSynchronization.Provision Management Agent:SMBX XYZ ADMA:XYZAD_MVExtension:RenameSMBXGroupInAD: MV Object Type: SMBXGroup: Provision Exception: An object with DN "CN=MESG_SMBR_PDL,OU=XYZStaticMailSecGroups,OU=XYZMailEnabledSecGroups,OU=XYZStaticDistGroups,OU=XYZDistributionGroups,OU=XYZGroups,OU=XYZ,DC=XYZ,DC=NET" already exists in management agent "SMBX XYZ ADMA".
       at Mms_Metaverse.MVExtensionObject.RenameSMBXGroupInAD(MVEntry mv, ConnectedMA SyncMA)
       at Mms_Metaverse.MVExtensionObject.Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.IMVSynchronization.Provision(MVEntry mventry)
       at Mms_Metaverse.MVExtensionObject.Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.IMVSynchronization.Provision(MVEntry mventry) in C:\Users\DS013289071-3@XYZqa.net\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SMBX25\MVRouter\MVRouter.cs:line 204

Can anyone help me here to understand what the issue is and how this can be fixed ?

• Edited by Shimith Monday, September 2, 2019 9:24 AM
    Monday, September 2, 2019 9:12 AM

All replies

• Your MV Rules extension is attempting to provision an account with a DN that already exists in the directory. You'll need to code around this possibility by using try catch and perhaps appending a number onto the DN if the exception is thrown. It could also be a data issue where something that you thought would be unique on the source side is not. In this case you need to improve controls around data quality in the source systems.
    • Edited by Dan_Walters Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:17 AM
    Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:17 AM