Windows 8 - Number of Pinned Items RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In Windows 7, there was an increased number of items (10 I think) in the "pinned jump list", yet on Windows 8 it is only allowing 3 items to be pinned to the jump list on each program.

Is there anyway to increase the number of pinned items in Windows 8 for each program that's pinned to the taskbar as I like to have more items on the pinned list - just not the "frequently used" as this can change from time to time and I want the pinned items that I use all the time.

Any guidance would be great. Thanks.

Regards,

Jamie

Thursday, May 30, 2013 5:19 PM

Answers

• My screen resolution is 1366 x 768

I can pin more to each pinned program on the taskbar but it only shows 3 of them, if I unpin one of them, then the other one that I added after that will display...

Ah, I have it.

In the Programs, Jump List, Privacy Section, I ticked the Store Recently opened programs and it's showing all the files/folders I wanted pinned under each program pinned to the taskbar

• Edited by JamieOsiris Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:13 PM
    • Marked as answer by JamieOsiris Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:13 PM
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:12 PM

All replies

• It's definitely not limited to 3. What is your screen resolution?
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 7:20 PM
  • My screen resolution is 1366 x 768

I can pin more to each pinned program on the taskbar but it only shows 3 of them, if I unpin one of them, then the other one that I added after that will display...

Ah, I have it.

In the Programs, Jump List, Privacy Section, I ticked the Store Recently opened programs and it's showing all the files/folders I wanted pinned under each program pinned to the taskbar

• Edited by JamieOsiris Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:13 PM
    • Marked as answer by JamieOsiris Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:13 PM
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:12 PM
  • Glad to hear you sort it out.

Niki Han
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, May 31, 2013 6:48 AM
  • Ok, I've searched and searched, I'm having the opposite problem, I want more than 10 items on my jump list.  I've increased my jump list to 15, 20, 25... and nothing, it looks like the max number of items win 8.1 will show is 10, and no more.  Anyone have a fix for this?   win 8.1 with classic shell running....
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 2:24 PM