none
DPM Tapes management RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to DPM I want to know tapes manage by DPM and couple of question

how we assign specific LTO tapes to a protection group ?

is there is possibility that we take full backup and LTO Tape cartridges and incremental backup manage on iSCSi VTL  

• Moved by Just Karl Thursday, June 9, 2016 1:41 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Tuesday, June 7, 2016 6:41 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The MSDN, TechNet and Expression Library Feedback forum is to "Help improve the Library Experience in MSDN, TechNet and Expression by providing feedback on features, bugs, look and feel or by just providing suggestions". This is not a support forum.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the System Center Data Protection Manager Data Protection Manager - Tape Protection forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Edited by Just Karl Thursday, June 9, 2016 1:40 PM Change Forum
    Thursday, June 9, 2016 1:36 PM
  • Hi,

Tape management with DPM is very bad.

According to me, there is no way you can force DPM to user a specific set of LTO for backups of a Tape Library

DPM takes LTO tapes marked as free for long term backups.

After, for incremental backup on iSCSI VTL, you can choose Short-Term Protection using your VTL (seen as a Libray) rather than using disk and then configure Long Term protection using LTO TAPE

Regards,

Monday, June 27, 2016 12:10 PM