none
System center 2012 sp1 recovery points failing to write RRS feed

• Question

• Having had system center 2012 sp1 working within our system, albeit somewhat flakily, since it came out it has developed a problem which I cannot find the answer to. I currently have 15 protection groups backing up 22 servers, both local and remote. Altogether the used disk space is 15tb and I have 4tb free. Last friday at lunch time everything synchronised fine and create the relevant recovery point. Since then 10 groups are still working fine and 5 are having problems. As an example: a group that is backing up the fileserver is backing up 4 different drive letters. F is backing up, G is backing up, M is backing up but H decided to abandon ship yesterday (tuesday lunch time) and is now saying replica inconsistent. If you run a consistency check on it, it runs and gives you a green tick but doesn't write a recovery point.

I deleted the least important of the groups and recreated it from scratch, manually importing the data (250+GB) having created a new protection group. The same thing happened. Any ideas as to what this could be?

I also have the problem of my tapedrive currently saying it is offline and not connecting, it connected back once today and then went offline again. I cannot recreate the XML file for the dpmla as the exe to do this does not work and if i recreate it manually it doesn't make a difference either.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Naomi

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 3:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Several issues in one post is inefficient, please open a separate post for each problem.

Anytime you have a protected datasource that is not green, you have a failed job that caused it. You need to look at the first failed job since the last successful job to determine root cause. You can make a custom filter to isolate that datasource to help review job jobs in order.

That failed job should have a detailed error code and possible remedy.

Tape library offline means the devices are no longer attached to Windows. Check windows device manager and do device rescan to be sure windows can see the devices, then rescan in DPM.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, July 18, 2013 3:06 AM