windows update error 80072EE2 in server 2008 r2 service pack 1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone ,

I am the Sr analyst in wintel team and having a issue with server 2008 R2 . we have multiple servers in production ,which needs to be update to 2012 R2 . as the support from Microsoft has ended on jan 14 2020 . before upgrade to 2012 R2 . i need to do the windows update on my production servers which are running 2008 R2

the error which i am getting is below 

error(s) found 

code 80072EE2

steps which i have performed .

disable offload

check all registry settings

deleted software distribution files and restart the windows update service 

Kindly help me to resolve it if any one knows about the solution .

Wednesday, February 5, 2020 7:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you currently receive a 0x80072EE2 error while checking for updates on the client computer pointing to the WSUS server, it is most likely a configuration issue. Please refer to the steps in the following article to check the distribution of group policies, system services, and connectivity: "Troubleshooting issues with WSUS client agents".

If the problem remains unresolved, continued feedback of test results will help analyze the problem.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 6, 2020 3:38 AM
  • Hi,

Any update is welcome here.
    If the issue is resolved, share your solution or find the helpful response "Mark as Answer" to help other community members find the answer.

Thank you for your cooperation, as always.

Regards,
    Yic

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, February 9, 2020 11:31 AM
  • Hi,

Since this thread has been released for a long time without progress, the following summary is provided for thread follow-up use:

• Issue Symptom
      Windows Update update installation error.
      Related Updates: Unknown
      Related error code: 0x80072EE2 (The operation timed out)

• (Possible) Cause
      WUA component problems

• Troubleshooting Steps so far
      1. Provide check wizard for client side, this includes system service / group policy / connection related check. Waiting for OP's reply.

• Next Step
      Need to analyze WindowsUpdate logs.

Regards,
    Yic

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 6:12 AM