2016 Updates RRS feed

• Question

• We have a WSUS server that we deploy all updates with. I have noticed that we do not receive Office 2016 updates. I did some research and seen that Office 2016 is done automatically with the Office Click-To-Run service. I have also noticed that I am having trouble with these Office products not being automatically updated. I am having to touch each station and manually run them. Is there a known issue with this? Is there a way to have them downloaded to our WSUS server to make sure they are methodically pushed out to the correct endpoints?

TRhoades5

Monday, August 21, 2017 8:08 PM

All replies

• *update*

I do see 2016 updates, but they are showing not applicable for endpoints that do have Office 2016. Any ideas?

TRhoades5

Monday, August 21, 2017 8:43 PM
  • Here is one instance. This machine has Word, Excel, Outlook 2016. I downloaded KB3213650 that was released on August 2nd and when running this manually on one machine I get. "There are no products affected by this package installed on this system." This machine is currently on Version 1707 Build 8326.2073 and I know there is a 2076 version out now. I may be way out of left field on this, but should these individual updates still need to be applied to these machines? Some 2013 Office Products I am running into the same thing. When "check online for updates from Windows Updates" its checked for the 2013 products it will pull in the missing updates. With 2016 I just have to check for updates within the office product. Any help is appreciated!

TRhoades5

Monday, August 21, 2017 9:59 PM