acpi.sys+0x1af7c help, eating my CPU RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i have a problem for one week. My CPU is been eaten by this thread acpi.sys+0x1af7c stays in 10% CPU usage. I have tried to kill the thread with Process Explorer by sysinternals but without success. I don't know what to do. when i wait for 20 or 30 min the thread goes to idle. Sometimes when i shut down or restart everything is OK.  I scan the computer nothing no spyware or virus. I can't find any ACPI problem with power management problem. Everything is up to date with the drivers. Maybe list of what this thread means could help but i can't find.

My configuration is:

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise
    Version    6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation
    System Manufacturer    Hewlett-Packard
    System Model    HP Compaq 6830s
    System Type    x64-based PC
    Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T5870  @ 2.00GHz, 2001 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date    Hewlett-Packard 68PZD Ver. F.13, 06.12.2010
    SMBIOS Version    2.4
    Windows Directory    C:\Windows
    System Directory    C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device    \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    4,00 GB
    Total Physical Memory    3,96 GB

i have ATI radeon HD 4330

Please help, if anyone can. Thanks in advance

Simce

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 10:00 PM

Answers

• Dear Leo,

I have remove the battery as you told me, without succeed the system still is using 10% of the CPU. Then I have restarted without the battery in Safe Mode no change. And after that I have restarted normally and during the startup I have put in the battery into the compartment and after I waited to finish all the processes to start 2 min after log in then I could not detect the acpi.sys+0x1af7c thread to use any CPU, 0% CPU use.

I hope I solved the problem. My battery is almost dead, 90% sure, maybe the problem is the battery, not the software since I have reinstall the windows 3 times :)))).

If there is any change I will post a message to the forum, until then be well my friend.

Best Regards, Simce

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Tuesday, June 14, 2011 7:51 AM
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 8:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

ACPI.sys may related with the battery. Try to remove the battery from you PC to see the result.

If the issue persists, try to logon with Safe Mode to see if the same issue occurs. Also remove third party tools.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 3:07 AM
  • Dear Leo,

I have remove the battery as you told me, without succeed the system still is using 10% of the CPU. Then I have restarted without the battery in Safe Mode no change. And after that I have restarted normally and during the startup I have put in the battery into the compartment and after I waited to finish all the processes to start 2 min after log in then I could not detect the acpi.sys+0x1af7c thread to use any CPU, 0% CPU use.

I hope I solved the problem. My battery is almost dead, 90% sure, maybe the problem is the battery, not the software since I have reinstall the windows 3 times :)))).

If there is any change I will post a message to the forum, until then be well my friend.

Best Regards, Simce

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Tuesday, June 14, 2011 7:51 AM
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 8:15 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your update. You can contact HP to check if battery has broken.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, June 10, 2011 12:59 AM