none
My New Wiki is marked as "Candidate for deletion" while it should not RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a new Wiki here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/30572.how-to-educate-your-users-to-regularly-reboot-their-windows-computers.aspx

Peter Geelen mentioned the following:

"There is no technical evidence, nor any hard recommendation to restart your computer <every week>. "Is it necessary? No. Is it a good idea sometimes? Yeah." For this reason this article is a personal opinion and violating the Wiki User Guidelines."

The recommendation I shared is coming from the following Microsoft article: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/optimize-windows-better-performance#optimize-windows-better-performance=windows-7

It was clearly mentioned by Microsoft that:

"Restart your PC at least once a week, especially if you use it a lot. Restarting a PC is a good way to clear out its memory and ensure that any errant processes and services that started running get shut down."

I do not see any violation or something personal here. How should I proceed so that this Wiki article does not get removed?

I am a bit puzzled and I do not know what to do.

Remark: I am facing difficulties when uploading the article. Almost all the time, my browsers keep loading or simply do no action. Not sure if there is something wrong on my computer but I will finish the upload by tomorrow from another one.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Thursday, April 2, 2015 12:23 AM

Answers

• I do believe that we took care of this and synced on it. Mr. X linked to the reference, and I think it's fine to leave something in that's debatable as long as you're clear where the reference came from and that is seems official like that. Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure & Power BI Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 1:24 AM
    Owner

All replies

• I was able to upload the rest of the article (I had to keep clicking on Save button until it saves).

That would be great if someone could help in providing some guidance about how I need to proceed so that the article does not get removed as I do not see that it is violating the Wiki User Guidelines.

I know that I can remove the tag candidate for deletion by myself but I do not think that this is how I need to proceed.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Thursday, April 2, 2015 12:07 PM
  • Hi Ahmed,

Personnaly in virtual I personnaly restart all user VM each day by scripting.

On this matter, now I seen the tag is no longer there, but usually just leave a article comment with your reference to Peter and remove the tag is the correct way to do it.  

Thanks

Regards, Philippe

Don't forget to mark as answer or vote as helpful to help identify good information. ( linkedin endorsement never hurt too :o) )

Answer an interesting question ? Create a wiki article about it!

Friday, April 24, 2015 1:33 PM
  • I do believe that we took care of this and synced on it. Mr. X linked to the reference, and I think it's fine to leave something in that's debatable as long as you're clear where the reference came from and that is seems official like that. Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure & Power BI Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 1:24 AM
    Owner