When I click hibernate the computer shutsdown by force and when i turn it on i get the Windows Recovery Error mode "start windows normally" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I've been getting this error and it's freaking bothering me is there a fix to it ?
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 11:58 AM

Answers

• Hi Aboodz,

Thanks for the post!

Based on your description, when you click "hibernate" the computer, it shuted down instead of hibernation. Then you turned on the computer and received the Windows Recovery Error. Am I correct?

If the computer shut down unexpectly, you will get a Windows Recovery screen to choose if you still normally start the computer. This behavior is by default. I think the issue is you cannot "hibernate" your computer.

Where you click "hibernate"? not "Sleep"?

Check your Event Viewer after restart, are there any related events?

Enter into Safe Mode, then try hibernate, does the issue re-occur?

I suggest you also update the BIOS and graphic card driver as well as other device driver to the latest one to check if the problem persists.

Regards,

Miya 

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Thursday, August 4, 2011 2:37 AM
    Friday, July 29, 2011 7:02 AM