Remote Web Workspace activex RDP Client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I've a small issue around no longer being able to use the RWW rdp activex control to connect to our premises. I believe edge(IE) not longer supports activeX so is there a work around or alternative that's not create a training nightmare for our change resistant users ?

cheers 

Andrew  

Thursday, August 6, 2015 3:27 AM

Answers

• Have you attempted to run it in IE11?  Try running IE11 as administrator to get ActiveX installed.  I am having problems installing ActiveX plugins, even from MS, and getting them installed with IE11 on Win10.  Works ok on IE11 on Win8.1
    • Marked as answer by Deason Wu Tuesday, September 8, 2015 1:50 AM
    Friday, August 7, 2015 6:08 PM
  • Hi Andrew,

In order to know if it is an issue in Edge or not, as mentioend above, test to use IE11 to use the same activeX control and see the result.

Edge is still in its first version so Microsoft is in collecting information for upgrading. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, August 8, 2015 12:01 PM

All replies

• Have you attempted to run it in IE11?  Try running IE11 as administrator to get ActiveX installed.  I am having problems installing ActiveX plugins, even from MS, and getting them installed with IE11 on Win10.  Works ok on IE11 on Win8.1
    Friday, August 7, 2015 6:08 PM
  • Hi Andrew,

In order to know if it is an issue in Edge or not, as mentioend above, test to use IE11 to use the same activeX control and see the result.

Edge is still in its first version so Microsoft is in collecting information for upgrading. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, August 8, 2015 12:01 PM