none
Install Problem - Reboot Loop after initial install RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - I have installed Vista RC1 on my computer - an Asus  A8N-VM CSM with 2 GB ram and a 3700 processor. After installing via the DVD, vista starts, and after the loading screen the computer reboots.  If I go to safe mode, the prompt tells me safe mode cannot be used to finish installation.

Any ideas???   I'm currently trying to us the X86 version - dling X64 version to try today.

Thanks.

John
    Wednesday, September 6, 2006 9:20 PM

All replies

• Thanks Microsoft Technet - this forum is a great source of information. I appreciate all of the worthwhile information that you all have provided me.
    Monday, September 11, 2006 5:05 PM
  • Hi!

And what was the solution? I have exactly the same problem. After restart after the installation under Windows XP my PC permanently re-boot. I can start from Vista DVVD nor from HDD.

I am also using Asus A8N-VM CSM with nForce 430 chipset.

thanks and regards
    Thursday, September 14, 2006 1:28 PM
  • I have the same problem, please help!!!
    Monday, September 18, 2006 5:46 PM
  • Did you ever get the problem solved.  I have the same problem, but I was able to at least get a blue screen.  You might take a look at my post today.  It's a display driver problem.  I guess Microsoft still has solved it.
    Wednesday, September 20, 2006 7:51 PM
  • Hi all, I'm using Windows Vista RTM on my machine(A8M-VM CSM) but haven't experienced any kind of these issues. My PC is workin fine. However, I recommend you to please reset your PC's BIOS to defaults, perform Window Memory Diagnostic while you turn on the PC & moreover please update the BIOS of your PC. Hope this work. Thank You.
    Thursday, April 19, 2007 8:13 PM
  • Same here, I finally found a fix for it. Reformat your hardrive and re install XP. It was the only way I could use my computer again.. unfortunately I had to eat 300+ bucks.. but all wasn't lost. I now have a disk that keeps the coffee stains off my PC desk.
    Saturday, April 21, 2007 8:24 PM
  • I had a major trojan on my pc, and was told by my internet provider to reinstall windows xp operating system.  I tried to reinstall but my pc just keeps loading to it's regurlar start up.  Then I was told to delete my operating system, then reinstall xp home.  I have no idea how to delete my operating system.  So I desided to upgrade to windows vist basic edition.  I put the disk in and low and behold my pc did not upgrade to vist. Still opens to xp.  So my question is; is there a way to delete my operating system, to reinstall xp home.

If anyone knows please help.  I'm going a little crazy here.

Thanks

Star

Sunday, April 22, 2007 11:55 AM
  • Try just putting in 1 GB of memory and then apply the following patch..

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929777/en-us

Saturday, July 7, 2007 11:31 PM